The Merchant Hotel celebrates 10 glorious years of five star luxury with a swathe of exclusive offers and sumptuous events including their ‘not to be missed’ Fabulous Fashion Teas on Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th April. A hotel that houses a premium shoe shop stocking Christian Louboutin is always going to stand a few chic inches taller than the rest and we love The Merchant for adding their 5 star touch to everything they do. There’s so many reason’s to spend a glorious afternoon with your girlfriends enjoying the Fabulous Fashion Teas and we bring a sneak peek of the fashion, accessories and jewellery which will be on show at the teas – as well as available in the pop up boutiques. Here are our Ten tips to being 5 star fabulous!
1) Book and over night in the Art Deco side of the hotel – you might be staying in the room that Stella Gibson called home in The Fall and where Jamie Dornan’s character Paul Spector hid in the wardrobe eek!
2) Order room service of Suki tea and macaroons – the perfect sweet treat.
3) Let’s be honest here – one macaroon is never enough – order the full Afternoon Tea and indulge.
4) Bring your bathing suit – that roof top hot tub requires a knock out bikini!
5) The Merchant Hotel is within skipping distance of Victoria Square and Queen’s Arcade so it’s the perfect place to chill out after a spree on David Yurman jewellery at Lunn’s.
6) The red soles? Or the red soles? So many covetable Christian Louboutin shoes stocked at Harper on the ground floor of the hotel.
7) Louboutin is famed for his shoes but his bags are eye poppingly gorgeous. Also stocked at Harper.
8) Plump and perfect skin is just a facial away at the Merchant’s Spa. Heaven by Deborah Mitchell or Darphin will have your skin hydrated and looking amazing in moments.
9) Quality time with your friends is so precious – enjoy and afternoon at The Merchant’s Fabulous Fashion Teas – the most fun to be had with chats, cake, champagne and a fabulous fashion show. Book your tickets here.
10) The Merchant’s Fashion Teas also brings stores showcasing their SS essentials to pop up boutiques houses in the events floor of the hotel so you can shop looks straight from the catwalk. No need to travel to Banbridge to shop at Walk In Wardrobe or to Dungannon for The Lingerie Room, or if you’re not sure how to access local designer Chloe Dougan or APD jewellery’s collections – they pop up at The Merchant for the weekend so you can browse, try on and buy right after the show.
The Fabulous Fashion Teas show schedule
Saturday 23rd April 12 noon Harper at The Merchant
Exclusive stockists of Christian Louboutin and Miu Miu in Northern Ireland, Harper’s luxurious red soled heels will be the key feature in this opening show, with a mix of classic shapes, colours and fashion forward styles ensuring fashion lovers are well heeled for the season.
2.30 pm The Walk in Wardrobe
Exclusive Banbridge-based ladies wear boutique, The Walk in Wardrobe returns to the catwalk at 2.30pm on Saturday 23rd April a fashion-forward Fashion Tea packed with stunning occasion wear, hats and accessories sourced from Italy, Spain, Croatia and beyond. This vibrant collection is perfect for weddings and special events.
5pm Orchid Lingerie & The Lingerie Room
For those with their sights on the beach this summer, the Fashion Tea from Orchid Lingerie at 5pm on Saturday 23rd April is sure to impress. On the catwalk, Orchid Lingerie will showcase the finest swimwear, wraps, beachwear, luxurious loungewear and lingerie. Afterwards, the boutique’s stylists will be on hand throughout the weekend to offer personal advice on the size and shape of lingerie to best suit your shape.
Sunday 1pm David Yurman at Lunn’s.
This show promises to be stunning showcase from David Yurman Jewellery and Lunn’s the Jewellers at 1pm. David Yurman’s master craftspeople use the finest precious metals, rare gemstones and innovative materials to make jewellery of enduring quality and beauty. The jewellery is exclusively available at its UK and Ireland stockist, Lunn’s the Jewellers in Queen’s Arcade.
3.30pm Chloe Dougan and APD Jewellery.
Chloe Dougan will showcase her stunning collection of rose gold suedes, foiled leathers and copper mesh textures. Nudes, pastels and charcoal greys will be prevalent in the collection and will brought to life with exciting flashes of chainmail and body armour, inspired by the costumes of Game of Thrones.
APD Jewellery – the brainchild of The Merchant’s Marketing Director, Petra Wolsey – will join Chloe Dougan in this striking Fashion Tea finale. Juxtaposing industrial-style materials such as chains and even seatbelt fabric, with semi-precious stones, richly coloured leathers, lace and upcycled vintage jewellery, the APD spring summer collection includes leather cuffs, show-piece necklaces, hair accessories, collars and bracelets. Combining vibrant blues, oranges and pale greys, alongside its signature moody palette of charcoal, black and burgundy, this is the epitome of statement jewellery.
Tickets to the Fashion Shows are on sale now and cost £35 per person, which includes a Fashion Tea of your choice, champagne afternoon tea and a goody bag. Tickets can be purchased by calling The Merchant Hotel on 028 9026 2717 or by visiting www.themerchanthotel.com
Information on the full suite of events and exclusive Decade of Decadence offers will be on the website or follow The Merchant on Facebook and Twitter for further information.